Vacancy – Junior Software Engineer – Physics & Maths grad training role
17 September 2018
Execview is a Programme, Portfolio, Project Management SaaS application with a combination of industry best-practice expert processes and outstanding reporting. It is a scalable multi-client, multi-supplier platform used by large blue-chip organisations for improving their business performance.
The work involved will incorporate some of the most advanced interfacing, automation machine learning / AI into processes that have been traditionally manual.
We are looking for the brightest people to both develop exciting software and learn new technologies ‘on the job’. This is a huge learning opportunity with good progression to senior development roles in line with growing experience.
You will undertake a varied and interesting role in all aspects of application and systems development. You will have the chance to work with cutting edge technologies, whilst working with like-minded people in a stimulating environment.
As a Junior Software Engineer we expect you to be striving to improve your skills and knowledge and applying that in your day to day work.
We are looking for a maths and/or physics grad or post-grad who wants to transition into advanced Software development using the latest tools and techniques. This is a training role within a team of 6-8 people under expert leadership and producing state of art functionality
Some of your work will be with customers/end users and management to define software requirements and design/implement operational and technical projects.
You should have an advanced qualification and strong grading at A Levels, Degree, MSc or equivalent, in Maths or Physics. You will also have a real passion for advancement in software engineering. Ideally, we would like you to be able to show 12 months development experience in a corporate environment.
Your goal will be to develop high-quality software that is aligned with user needs and business goals.
- Develop high-quality software.
- Identify, prioritize and execute tasks in the software development life cycle
- Develop tools and applications by producing clean, efficient code
- Automate tasks through appropriate tools and scripting
- Review and debug code
- Perform validation and verification testing
- Collaborate with internal teams and customers to build innovative customer experiences
- Analysis, design and development of high-quality business applications and enhancements
- Liaising with the business users to ensure timely and accurate delivery of new and existing functionality
- Provide out of hours’ support, on a rota basis, in the event of product systems problems.
- Participate in training and help with team development, including periodically giving a short presentation to your team on a software engineering or computer science topic.
- We expect you to stay current with developments in technology and software engineering.
Skills & Requirements
For this role we are looking for an advanced qualification and strong grading at A Levels, Degree, MSc or equivalent, in Maths or Physics. You will also have a real passion for advancement in software engineering.
The successful candidate will have 1+ years’ experience or excellent knowledge of the following:
- Ability to write high-quality, well-tested, easy to change code
- Analytical mind with problem-solving aptitude
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent organizational skills
- Knowledge and appreciation of cloud technology such as AWS, Azure, Kubernetes is a plus
- A passion for automation; you don’t like doing the same thing twice
Grow your career at Execview
We believe that by providing a learning environment you will achieve you full potential through collaborative learning and thus grow your career.
We are offering a very competitive salary aimed at attracting the best individual to the role. We also provide health & life insurance and a pension scheme.
About Execview Ltd
Execview is a London-based software company providing productivity and automation tools in the areas of project and portfolio management, business reporting and governance to mid-to-large organisations, helping them to improve their business outcomes.
Customers typically use our platform to gain insight into the management of their project portfolios and to manage key organisation KPIs to ensure activities are on track. We have big growth ambitions and are looking to expand our team with key skills.
To apply please send your CV to [email protected].