Vacancy – Software Engineer
17 September 2018
Execview is a Programme, Portfolio, Project Management SaaS application with a combination of industry best-practice expert processes and outstanding reporting. It is a scalable multi-client, multi-supplier platform used by large blue-chip organisations for improving their business performance. You will undertake a varied and interesting role in all aspects of application and systems development. You will have the chance to work with cutting edge technologies, whilst working with like-minded people in a stimulating environment.
As a Software Engineer we expect you to be striving to improve your skills and knowledge and applying that in your day to day work.
We are looking for a Software Engineer to produce and implement functional software solutions. You will work with customers/end users and management to define software requirements and design/implement operational and technical projects.
In this role, you should be able to work independently with little or no supervision. You should have excellent organization and problem-solving skills. If you also have hands-on experience in software development and agile methodologies, we’d like to meet you.
Your goal will be to develop high-quality software that is aligned with user needs and business goals.
Software Engineer Responsibilities include: Producing, testing and debugging code and mentoring junior software engineers.
- Develop high-quality software design and architecture
- Identify, prioritize and execute tasks in the software development life cycle
- Develop tools and applications by producing clean, efficient code
- Automate tasks through appropriate tools and scripting
- Review and debug code
- Perform validation and verification testing
- Collaborate with internal teams and customers to build innovative customer experiences
- Document development phases and monitor systems
- Ensure software is up-to-date with latest technologies
- Analysis, design and development of high-quality business applications and enhancements
- Liaising with the business users to ensure timely and accurate delivery of new and existing functionality
- Provide out of hours’ support, on a rota basis, in the event of product systems problems.
- Participate in training and help with team development, including periodically giving a short presentation to your team on a software engineering or computer science topic.
- Assist with the interviewing of potential engineering candidates
- We expect you to stay current with developments in technology and software engineering.
Skills & Requirements
What will really make your CV stand out is if you have commercial experience of some or most of the following:
The successful candidate will have 2+ years’ experience or excellent knowledge of the following:
- Proven experience as a Software Engineer
- Ability to write high-quality, well-tested, easy to change code
- Extensive experience in software development and scripting
- Experience using system monitoring tools (e.g. New Relic, Datadog) and automated testing frameworks
- Knowledge of selected frontend frameworks/libraries (e.g. React/Redux, Angular)
- Familiarity with multiple programming paradigms (Object-Oriented Programming, Functional Programming)
- Knowledge of design patterns (e.g. Strategy Pattern, State Pattern, Observer Pattern), and principles (SOLID)
- Familiarity with distributed systems and microservices
- Familiarity with messaging brokers and streaming platforms (e.g. RabbitMQ, Kafka)
- Familiarity with infrastructure as code, containers and DevOps (e.g. Docker)
- Knowledge of SQL databases (e.g. MS SQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL) and NoSQL databases (e.g. MongoDB, Redis, Cassandra)
- Familiarity with various operating systems (Linux, Windows, macOS)
- Analytical mind with problem-solving aptitude
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent organizational skills
- Knowledge and appreciation of cloud technology such as AWS, Azure, Kubernetes is a plus
- A passion for automation; you don’t like doing the same thing twice
Grow your career at Execview
We believe that by providing a learning environment you will achieve you full potential through collaborative learning and thus grow your career.
We offer a generous package including 24 days holiday, pension and optional private healthcare.
About Execview Ltd
Execview is a London-based software company providing PPM and Operations management software to mid-to-large organisations, helping them to improve their business outcomes. Customers typically use our platform to gain insight into the management of their project portfolios and to manage key organisation KPIs to ensure activities are on track. We have big growth ambitions and are looking to expand our team with key skills. We are offering a very competitive salary aimed at attracting the best individual to the role. We also provide health & life insurance and a pension scheme.
To apply please send your CV to [email protected].