The topic and interest in sustainability and green manoeuvres have seen a rise in recent weeks and months. However – at Execview – becoming a sustainable business has been a long-term aim. We wanted to consider not only how we could work in a more green-conscious way, but also how we can help our clients practice more sustainable project management. The result of our efforts has seen a rapid and successful transformation. The key for us has been considering the question of sustainability across all our practices, recognising that to commit to environmentalism is to constantly seek sustainable improvement.
We have outlined our journey so far in the hope that you might take inspiration from our methods. Consider also exploring our software which helps you be more sustainable in your practice, as outlined below…
First, we decided upon a mission statement…
“Execview will be devoted to environmental improvements that encourage a sustainable future and lead to social and economic improvements in the community we do business in.”
How has this translated for us? Here’s how we currently practice sustainability…
– We use top-tier data centres powered by 100% renewable energy and have an excellent standard of sustainable practice according to BREEAM sustainability assessment methods
– We procure all business practices and communications that we do electronically so as not to contribute to deforestation and greenhouse emissions released during paper manufacturing
– To reduce the environmental impact of the technology we use, we recently switched to energy-efficient, low power CPU’s. These use less energy and produce less waste than our old systems
– We have changed how we work and have a flexible approach to where we work from and the hours we work. This has reduced both our energy consumption and our transport emissions – transport is a serious contributor to climate change, accounting for around a quarter of the C02 emissions in the UK
– We comply with environmental protection acts and control of pollution acts
We are proud to help our customers achieve their sustainability goals…
– The regeneration of the Olympic Park: using Execview, the LLDC built Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park – a smart, sustainable urban park that focuses on building resource-efficient buildings using low-carbon, renewable energy sources while also creating diverse natural habitats home to hundreds of different species of plants and wildlife.
– A service provider-client describes sustainability as being at the heart of everything they do, and they use Execview to complete projects designed to lead the way in sustainability through aligning with the UN’s sustainable development goals, using only carbon-neutral data centres and aiming to reduce their greenhouse gas emissions by 85%
A key development for us was recognising the potential in our software to improve our sustainable output. After some exploration, we outlined the areas of our software that enable companies to manage projects more sustainably…
Building a sustainable work environment involves addressing practices that support individual employees. However, assessing the needs of everyone is an undertaking that often results in some people falling behind. Execview allows you to micro-manage operations within your business and ensure everyone feels invested in and that their experience fits your sustainable philosophy, thus eliminating waste.
Resource and procurement management
Execview allows tracking of resource and service suppliers, internal, external, or outsourced, allowing for transparency across the chain and the ability to identify unsustainable practices. Our platform is also entirely electronic, eliminating the need for physical resources. Additionally, our software allows you to manage resources to ensure minimal waste and duplication of work effort.
Execview’s risk assessment tool ensures potential risks are flagged early to allow managers to make decisions ahead of time. Evaluating, assessing and tracking risk enables project managers to commit to the responsibility of sustainable practice. Execview’s software offers effective risk management, allowing you to assess the risk of your project’s sustainability.
It is becoming increasingly important to demonstrate sustainability with good governance.
Sustainability is easier to achieve when you practice effective communication. Everyone involved must be asking how we are meeting the demands of today while also considering the needs of tomorrow. Execview’s platform allows for easy collaboration across your company ensuring your message of sustainability remains consistent and aligned.
Our reporting software allows all involved parties to identify the progress of your projects and aims.
If you have been inspired to implement green practices, consider Execview for a simple solution to improve your project and portfolio management output, and be more sustainable in your project management.