Execview is a valuable tool for achieving the successful completion of a project. However, we understand it can be difficult for individuals to appreciate why. Execview is a project and portfolio management software provider. Here, we will explain in simple terms what that is and why Execview are leaders in the field.
Definition of Project Portfolio Management (PPM)
PPM is defined as the method used by project managers and project management organisations (PMO) to understand how much they can achieve in a project. PPM software helps project managers and PMOs carry out this process by providing a platform that consolidates and simplifies all the information and data needed for a project.
Why do you need PPM?
A study in 2020 found that the biggest challenge to project management was the poor implementation of PPM. It led to substandard resource management and project managers becoming overrun managing too many projects.
The Association of Project Management found that PPM is a factor in delivering positive change in the future of work. PPM tools are universally applicable across all forms of industry. PPM increases the chance of project success and improves efficiency in costs, time, and labour. Here are the three main ways in which they manage it.
- Managing data – PPM software does a lot of the admin for you, taking data and simplifying and summarising it concisely, saving time.
- Optimising resources – Gives you a clearer understanding of how much is needed for each aspect of a project, saving you money.
- Forecasting, scheduling, and risk managing – Keeps workers on track of what they are supposed to be doing and catches potential roadblocks before they happen, saving you effort.
How does Execview software help you manage your projects better?
Execview is there to help project managers maintain, oversee, and track all aspects of a project. Our software allows visibility and tailored reporting of projects, portfolios, and programmes.
Execview software’s hierarchical tree software improves the efficiency of project managers by allowing them to manage portfolios through drill-down reporting. Senior managers can benefit from actionable insight through drill-down reporting tools for governance and exception reporting across all activities. Executives can allocate project managers and sponsors to roles, add detail to projects simply, and have peace of mind through our standard workflow and gateway tools for confidentiality. We ensure project security by allowing you to restrict access from third parties and external stakeholders to reduce their visibility over certain activities.
- Create Portfolios – Execview allows you to create an unlimited number of portfolios to any structure.
- Create plans – PM’s can easily create tasks and milestones, track actual targets in comparison to baseline targets, and upload plans from other sources for easy alignment.
- Reporting – Our reporting is of a world-class standard. We gather the base data for easy roll-out, and data on other platforms can be auto-imported. The summarisation and automation technology saves time. Reports are fully bespoke; each stakeholder can have their view for easy-to-understand reporting.
- Tracking – Track all aspects of a project on one platform, oversee third-party deliveries and obligations, along with KPIs, costs, any other variable necessary.
- Resolve issues – Create interventions and escalations to catch issues and avoid stalling. All manageable on one platform, and e-mail interventions mean you are made aware of problems immediately.
- Assurance and gateway framework – Control projects by managing user access, create gateway models with progress reports, questionnaires, and checklists.
- Workflows – Simple workflows allow project change requests to be easily managed. Everyone has a clear understanding of their role.
written by Will Davis